8.08.2007

Hey Dave, I can do an Esther post too!

This has been such a fun summer, and not just because NYC is so cool. One of my very best friends in the world lives upstate, only a few hours away! She'd been on a mission for the past year-and-a-half, but got home in the spring, so I couldn't miss an opportunity to spend time with her!

I've been lucky enough to see Esther three separate times this summer. First, I spent a few days visiting her in her hometown. Then two weeks later, Dave came with me and we both hung out with her for a few days. And then last week, we were able to steal her away to NYC for the weekend. So, we've put a couple thousand miles on the car, but I say it's worth it!

One of the fun things about Esther and I is that we are very different, it's funny that we've become so close. I'm a girly-girl. Esther is the opposite. For example, I love to do my hair and put on pretty makeup. Esther would rather die... or go white-water rafting or something. But every once in a while, she'll give in to girl-ification, and I pride myself on it. Now let me be clear-- she needs no makeup. She's one of those naturally gorgeous people (jerk), but I still think it's fun to make her squeal. :)

I was able to cut her some bangs, get some makeup on her, and even take a few pictures for posterity. It's been a few weeks and she's totally over the bangs, as I figured she would be, but I still think it was worth it!


It was so much fun to spend time with her, even when I wasn't (and I'm not) very creative with activities and we just kind of sat around sometimes. I love that when you're such good friends with someone, it feels good just to be around them. Ya know? Thanks Esther, for being such a good friend. Love yer freakin' guts.

No comments: