Gabey and I were on our way to the airport, when we saw some black smoke ahead of us. There wasn't any traffic or cops, so we figured it must be a factory or something... turns out a VW bug had just burst into flames on the side of the road!! We passed by it quickly, and I was able to get a video. It goes by fast, so try to pause it and see the damage. It's crazy!!
At Rodgers Memorial Theatre in Centerville, UT, I had a blast playing a little yellow "Bird Girl #2". But I knew if I ever had the chance, I'd try again for a lead.
So, I've been practicing my heart out for two weeks. My poor roommates got so sick of my audition song! But it ended up going very well. I got called back!
Callbacks were on Thursday. I felt like it went really, really well, but I didn't want to get my hopes up! I've done that before and been very disappointed! But let's be honest, I knew I could do it this time, and I knew I'd done well, and I TOTALLY got my hopes up. I was sick to my stomach all day in anticipation! I literally had heartburn all day!
The funny part is that I couldn't even be home for when they posted the list online! I had my dear roommate Kendra call me at work. I heard the phone ring right at 6pm, and my heart practically leapt out of my chest. I was helping a customer at the time, so I had to put Kendra on hold. That felt like the longest transaction of my life! I finally bolted away from the registers and ran upstairs for some privacy-- I knew I'd be emotional either way it went. And then, she layed it on me...
I GOT MAYZIE LA BIRD!!!! I was shocked!! Mayzie?!? They think I'm mayzie-like?! Well... GREAT!!! :)
I've always pictured myself as more of a Gertrude McFuzz-- kinda nerdy and silly. But apparently they see sassy, flamboyant, and arrogant Mayzie potential in me! I'm not gonna complain-- I got a leading role! I'm excited to try something that's a little out of my comfort zone (insert all of your arrogant jokes here.. hahaha)!
So, yes folks. I'm on the stage once again. And I'm so freakin' excited.
Find out more about when/where here: www.alpinecommunitytheater.org
iShield Lite is a great idea, in theory-- it's an internet filter that prevents pornographic images from appearing on your computer. In reality, it's not worth the trouble. DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME. After the free trial expires, there is no way to uninstall. I was very careful when I chose it to make sure that wouldn't happen, and they were very deceiving and it said there was an uninstall function. Not true. There is a message that pops up EVERY SINGLE TIME you open any new window or tab that says:
"Your iShield Lite has expired. Please uninstall the product to avoid this message being prompted out frequently. Review help file to continue the service."
But there was no way to remove it! It's nowhere to be found under add/delete programs. It's not on any program or add-on list. But today, my friends, I found it!
I decided to try disabling all of the internet add-ons, and lo and behold, the pop-up disappeared! So I went through each add-on, one by one, and have finally found the culprit. What you'll need to do is go to the top of the internet window, underneath where you type in the webpage, and click on "Tools". There will be a drop-down menu. Go to "Manage Add-Ons", and slide over to "Enable or Disable Add-ons...". It will show a list of enabled add-ons. Just click on the one with the following information, and at the bottom left-hand corner of the page, choose "Disable".
Name: EventIntercept Class
Publisher: Guardware Ltd
Type: Browser Helper Object
Make sure to hit the "OK" button so it will save your changes. Unfortunately, I still don't think you can delete it, but at least you can stop it from yelling at you every time you go online!
And for future reference, I find NetMop to be an excellent internet filter. It's worth the money (and it's not that much). You can check it out at www.netmop.com. No more free downloads, they're not worth the trouble!
Remember when you were a kid, and it was so much fun to swing on the swings? One of my favorite things to do was "the spider", where two people would sit on the same swing and face each other, so as to provide optimal swinging power. Well, my best friend Esther and I tried this out. Let's just say that on the first try, our plans "fell through."
On try #2, we were a little more successful. It's not as easy as it seemed like it was when I was a kid. I guess it's a little harder when you're both five times the weight of people who normally do this kind of thing... :)
Pretty amazing, huh?
What can I say, I just practiced a lot.
And I had Wheaties this morning.
Ok, ok... so I messed with the html coding. :) But here is my honest-to-goodness score:
To be fair, I did take it many times to get this score. The first time I got 71 or something. Take it and let me know what you get!
WARNING: this test is very addicting. Have fun!
The Rules:1. Link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
4. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
SEVEN RANDOM/WEIRD THINGS ABOUT ME
1. I'm pretty sure I'm hypoglycemic.
2. I'm kind of in love with yellow duckies... I take my rubber duckie wherever I go!
3. I just ate a whole box of See's chocolates. And by a whole box, I mean I took at least a bite out of every single piece. And yes, the caramel ones are completely gone.
4. I've got a lot of OCD tendencies. For example: I jump every time I'm in a bathroom. Sometimes multiple jumps. I just feel like I can't touch the floor sometimes. I can't really explain it.
5. I'm a Bed, Bath, and Beyond expert. Ask me anything about sheets, pillows, blankets, you name it. I know what's up.
6. I have a recurring nightmare that I'm in a show and I'm about to go on stage, but I'm never ready. I'm always missing a part of my costume, or I don't know any of my lines and I'm desperately seeking for a script to cram at the last second.
7. I think I might actually be in love with chocolate. I could have a chocolate moo'd (with a banana added) from Jamba Juice every single day of my life. There were times where I almost cried because I didn't live near a Jamba Juice. And don't even get me started about lava cake...
Yay, I did it! I didn't know I could come up with so many weird things so easily...
Guess who's next??
Dave (aka Daryl)
Mom (when you get your blog up!)
TAG! YOU'RE IT!
(no offense taken if you don't do it. But just do it anyway.) :)