5.17.2008

The Theater Bug Bites Again!

I've been busy lately-- I've been very worked up about auditions for "Seussical: the Musical". I've been dying to play a lead role in this show since I first participated in it over two years ago.

At Rodgers Memorial Theatre in Centerville, UT, I had a blast playing a little yellow "Bird Girl #2". But I knew if I ever had the chance, I'd try again for a lead.

So, I've been practicing my heart out for two weeks. My poor roommates got so sick of my audition song! But it ended up going very well. I got called back!

Callbacks were on Thursday. I felt like it went really, really well, but I didn't want to get my hopes up! I've done that before and been very disappointed! But let's be honest, I knew I could do it this time, and I knew I'd done well, and I TOTALLY got my hopes up. I was sick to my stomach all day in anticipation! I literally had heartburn all day!

The funny part is that I couldn't even be home for when they posted the list online! I had my dear roommate Kendra call me at work. I heard the phone ring right at 6pm, and my heart practically leapt out of my chest. I was helping a customer at the time, so I had to put Kendra on hold. That felt like the longest transaction of my life! I finally bolted away from the registers and ran upstairs for some privacy-- I knew I'd be emotional either way it went. And then, she layed it on me...

I GOT MAYZIE LA BIRD!!!! I was shocked!! Mayzie?!? They think I'm mayzie-like?! Well... GREAT!!! :)

I've always pictured myself as more of a Gertrude McFuzz-- kinda nerdy and silly. But apparently they see sassy, flamboyant, and arrogant Mayzie potential in me! I'm not gonna complain-- I got a leading role! I'm excited to try something that's a little out of my comfort zone (insert all of your arrogant jokes here.. hahaha)!

So, yes folks. I'm on the stage once again. And I'm so freakin' excited.

YAY!!!!!

..............

Find out more about when/where here: www.alpinecommunitytheater.org

6 comments:

davecharliebrown said...

Yay yay yay yay yay!!!!

Sarah H said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I bet you'll steal the show.

Unknown said...

good for you!

Anonymous said...

You are AMAZING!!! I think you are very Mazy like. Trisha

Arielle said...

Congratulations! Sounds like a fun show, I wish I could see it. When does it start and how long does it run?

rosa said...

It runs from July 11-21, but the performances aren't every day. The days are Friday(11th), Saturday(12), Monday(14), Wednesday(16), Friday(18), Saturday(19--there's a matinee this day too), and Monday (21). Make sense? Lol, I'll put up a calendar up here one of these days.