11.17.2007

A very FRUSTRATING pet peeve!

Let's get this straight, English speakers of the world--- there is no such word as "FUStrated."

I can't believe how many times I've heard people say this. It's not only people I know, but people all over television, including newscasters! Ahh! I don't know what I'll ever do with myself if "fustrated" actually becomes part of the English dictionary...

So stand up, my fellow Americans! Let us help those who have strayed from the grammatical path of truth. Save your family and friends from the FRUStrating effects of a linguistic letdown.

7 comments:

davecharliebrown said...

One of my biggest annoyances lately. It's totally on the increase. Disgusting.

Marlo said...

Amen.

The Olsons said...

That's funny you mention it because I thought I herd Dave mention something last week that "fusterated him" as I recall.

M

The For Real JP said...

Wow Rosa, you're a nerd. But I see your frustration.(no pun intended)

davecharliebrown said...

I did not say "fusterated." If I ever do, you have my permission to punch me in the face.

Sarah H said...

Hmm. I've never noticed people mispronounce it. I'll have to listen more closely. I'm sure I'll hear it everywhere now and go crazy myself.

Lauren said...

Wow, I have never noticed that before but now that you have mentioned it, I'll probably hear it everywhere. :)