9.29.2007

Drumroll please!

At the request of my loving husband, I will FINALLY share will you my recent news. Not just that, but I can't hold in my excitement anymore...

I GOT THE PART!

I will be playing the role of Anne, one of the leads in A Little Night Music at the LiveArts theatre in downtown Charlottesville. I can't believe it! I'm so excited!!!


I had to eat my words-- I complained in my last post about how it takes so long to hear back from casting directors after auditions. In this case, I auditioned on Monday, had callbacks on Tuesday, and they contacted me Wednesday morning. Now that's impressive! Maybe that's how it's always been, but since I've never been a lead I never knew how early they called their main characters. :) Rehearsals start right when my other show is in performance, so there won't be too much of an overlap. But suffice it to say I'll be very busy through Christmas! The show runs December 7-22.

So, I'm thrilled. This is a big step for me and I can't wait to get started.

And yes, I have to kiss a guy in the show. So weird.

6 comments:

Rufener Family said...

Congrats on the part! It sounds like it is going to be busy for you! Have fun doing it! I know that you will be great! Good Luck!

davecharliebrown said...

YAY!!!

I'm so proud of you!

{irene} said...

Congratulations girl!!!!

Sarah H said...

Rosa, That's awesome!! Congratulations!!

Lauren said...

Yay! I can't wait to see the play.

Marlo said...

Rosa congrats!!!I wish we could come see it, but at least when you are superfamous we can say that once we lived in your house. But that might sound weird. Good luck