5.21.2007

Sniff, sniff

I just want to say that I've never appreciated people wearing cologne and perfume as much as I have since I've been in NYC.

I have a pretty sensitive nose, and I've always been a "smelly" kinda girl-- always sniffing things, whether it be candles, soap, laundry detergent, you name it. As a kid, I loved going outside of our house where the air from the dryer came out. I would sit there forever and sniff the warm air.

Anyways, the point is, this city is full of a lot of... smells. Delicious food, car exhaust, roasting peanuts, burnt hotdogs, sweat, fresh fruit, urine, fish markets... you get the idea. Some good, some very, very bad.

All I'm saying is, I have really learned to appreciate the guy/girl with all the perfume on. Some might complain, but I say it's a nice break. Who doesn't like to sit on the subway next to fressia and flowers instead of, well, some of the other smells I've mentioned?

Spray on perfume lovers, spray on.

5 comments:

Sarah H said...

You do have quite the sniffer. A whole new appreciation for perfume--that's awesome.

The Olsons said...

How true!!! I wonder sometimes if a power hose would even take a scent (of Urine and food) like that away. How's the big apple? Could I add a link to your blog on our's?

The Olsons said...

Too late I already added you to our "hip links"!

Just Katy said...

The other day I walked past this guy and got that rich thick BO sent filling my nose. I had an instant flashback of riding the subway, walking down the street, and just BEING in NY last summer. I'm afraid I will foerver associate BO with the big apple.
Fun Blog!

Marlo said...

Rosa-

I agree 100%. Whilst living in another large city full of smells, I came to yearn for the young teenage boys who wore way too much cologne or the elderly women who smelled like an antiseptic flower to sit next to me on the metro. This was the only way to mask the other horrific smells that filled the metro, ie dog poop, homeless men, stinky diapers - not my baby. Who knew the deodorant bath and cologne shower had such power.